Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not the right way

Well I am happy to say i played in a 27 person SNG on Poker Stars and got 1st for 200$!!!! Well you may have already figured that that must have been a high buy in and, well it was, which is why i am mad but glad at the same time. I've been so big on playing BRM(bank roll management) and I step out once and actually do well, although I could have lost 20$ which was 1/10 of my BR and thats horrible brm. Anyways I promised my self that I am done, so no more!!!
As for my Fulltilt BR it is going no were with me losing it again down to my last 1.24 i played one last 9 man SNG and I won!!! So tomorrow will be a grind for both sites as always!

Full Tilt Starting BR: $5
Current BR: $4.25

Poker Stars Starting BR: $72
Current BR: $424.78

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win! I don't think there is anything wrong with playing out of your bankroll now and again as long as you don't make it a habit.

The other option would be to play a few games that are under your bankroll to even your average buyin out. For example, if you have $500 and want 100 BI for SnG's then mainly play the $5 games but if you fancy a $20 game play a few $2 or $3 games soyour average buy in is $5.

What do you think to that system?

SavagePenguin said...

The might, KC! How's it going?

I'm sort of in your boat in FT.
I've got barely over $6 on Full Tilt, but I've never made a deposit.
Made $2 off some freerolls, and built the rest up in 6-max ring games (my specialty). Every once in awhile I go on and try to build the bankroll there, as conservatively as I can. It's kind of a pain because I can't make the same moves that I can on Stars where I am well rolled.

Good luck on building it back up. It doesn't take much to lose it.

As for Pud's "average" system, I disagree with it. Your main goal with a low bankroll is consistency. If you are a winning player, you want to play as many games as possible so that your skill has more of in influence in the outcome.
Higher stakes games not only decrease your play time (and thus your advantage) but they put you in a field of better players.