Thursday, May 22, 2008

Beating a Cocky Shark

The feeling was great to beat this guy HU to end the 9 man, 22$ SNG. In the beggining I beat a guy by hitting a set on the river, basically getting lucky. So this guy(not even the guy I beat) decided to go after me and taunt me. So I looked him up on Shark Scope only to find out that he is a shark and has made about 10K profit in 1 year on PS which is good.

Anyways the game went on and he was saying that I was going to lose and I won't last long. Which I like because then to prrove him wrong I tightened up and played awesome poker(which I most always do ;) lol. Anyways it eventually got down to us HU and it ended in about 3 hands, mainly because I was sitting on 10K to his 4k, but he also just tried bluffing me too much.

I guess the point of this is that I know I can beat some of the best out there and this HU and sng win boosts my confidence.

On another note, I'm only about 28 VPP's away from Silver Status which is nie, and I look forward to the benefits it brings. This is also my first time ever since I always played on FT.

I'm also thinking about, well going to make the solar system leader board for the 22$-50$ orbit. I don't exactly remember the cash reward for these limits and making the lb but it should be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on almost reaching silver status, I've never come close! I think the cash rewards for hitting the Battle of the Planets leaderboards are pretty good.

Oh and it's always great to beat someone who is being a dickhead at the table!!