Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another Final Table, Geez KC

Yep, another final table today in a $4.40 180 person Sng. That's right, I did exactly what I said I was going to do in my last post and move way down in limits, and it worked beautifully. Only risking $4.40 to win $144 and a second place finish was a nice start for my new plan of lower limits and bank roll management.
I can't tell you how much my game in Sng's and Mtt's is improving, for once again I aggressively worked my way to the last 30 and eventually doubling up to become the chip leader by the final table.
Before I talk about the final table I want to note that I actually recorded this final table as one of my recently new projects for the forum and my blog. I will eventually post the link here in a post. It contains some good stuff, plus commentary by none other than KingCurtis himself(Me).
Anyways lets talk about the fun and exciting final table! Actually it was nothing at all like exciting and fun. This was a very tight table, which lasted almost 1 1/2 hours. The whole tournament up to the final table was very soft. For example I would raise in position with AK and get called by A x, we would proceed to hit an A on the flop and I would bet aggresively and eventually we would be all in. My point is that any A was good for them no matter what kicker, and this happened often throughout the Sng. So when the final table started it was pretty much all blind stealing and folding. Some started to take stands and I eventually went from chip leader to 3rd place since I was becoming card dead and not protecting my blinds. Eventually the smaller stacks got taken out, and it stayed 4 handed for a while, the as soon as the 4th person went, quickly went 3rd. But when we go Heads Up I was in for some work, for the other player had about 220K to my measly 60K. The funny thing is HU lasted one hand, obviously leading to the fact that I lost and this is how.

KC: 9 7
Villian: K 7

Flop: 8 9 10
KC: All-in!!!!
Villian: calls!!

Turn: Q

River: Who cares?? lol!

O well, $144 richer!

3 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Dude I was there, you played fine. He wasn't quite "open ended" on that turn as he claimed he was. Anyways dude, you're still on fire. I look forward to watching your vids on MTTs and see how you get yourself in a position to be in the final table.

Curtis Jones said...

thanks, the vid turned out pretty nice for the FT for this sng but i just have to get it uploaded.

Thanks and I glad your reading!

Anonymous said...

Great result! I've never taken one of these babies down but have two second places to my name!