Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out of Steam

Well, It's happening....

I'm losing the passion for poker that I had for almost the past 3 years. Where has it gone? Why has it gone? I have some idea why, but where, I have no idea. To be honest, I am mad that it is gone, that I no longer am excited to play, or want to play an Mtt so bad......It's a horrible feeling....the only motivation I have right now is Cardschat and the great friends that I do not want to lose if I stop playing(there's always FR's though ;) )
Anyways I really think that since I've been doing like, insanely well in school, and putting a lot of hours into my work.....that I have traded the passion I have for poker for the passion I have for design....like right now I have a project where I am designing a whole cd case front to back and everything, and I am so into it...like I was with poker and playing. But I fell like I want to do both?!
The thing is I do better in school if I don't play.....which then leads me to say that I will will play when school's over right? Wrong! When I get out, almost immediately I will be working at a job or internship, so even more work is in hand. I mean I know others have jobs and play, for example, my good friend Icemonkey...he juggles both, and I've seen his work.....top notch, but me I need to focus on one thing I guess....maybe it's just me learning to multi task better to enjoy what I love.
But it's not even that, seriously, when I have free time at night, I don't even feel like opening up PokerStars and playing, it's the weirdest feeling, because 2 weeks ago I would have been running to the computer....ugh

So basically what I am getting at is that I doubt I will be blogging anymore at all, or for a very long time. The main reason for my problem above, and another for the lack of interest in my boring blog in the first place :p...guess I should advertise it more on CC? lol!
Well to all my readers gl, and sry....I still be at CC though :)

3 comments:

WVHillbilly said...

Dude there's no reason to stop blogging. Hell, you're life is just getting really interesting. You're in your final year of school and getting ready to head out into the workforce. You're about to be a first-time father. Screw poker, just use the space to write down your general life stuff.

Anonymous said...

Boooo!
Now need to stop blogging like wv said.
Not much i can say about the losing passion for poker exepted to same old:
take a break and come bake refreshed.
Just focus on life atm plenty of stuff going on there that is more important then poker,and hey its not like poker and CC whount still be here when you get the passion back :).

Curtis Jones said...

thanks guys....it's very possible, and I'm guessing I might come back every now and then...but poker is weird...you never know when the passion could strike me again!