Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anxiety and Poker

It's weird how some things in life carry over to the poker world when playing. Outside of poker I have a somewhat anxious personality when it comes to certain things. For instance if I am waiting for something like a package or someone to come over, I get extremely anxious(anxiety) and I get certain symptoms, like light headiness, nervousness, increased heart rate, ect.

Anyways, while playing poker this evening I was thinking that maybe that is a leak in my game. I obviously have controlled this before or I wouldn't have gone as deep as I have in mtts, but I really think sometimes I get too anxious when blinds get high and I make stupid mistakes. Mistakes are how others win and what I need to eliminate. I can remember deep in the 11$ rebuy when I won it for 13k, I kept telling myself, be patient, keep waiting for a good and, don't worry. When I talked myself through this and kept repeating it, it helped. I even told others on an instant messenger to tell me or I repeated it to them. It seriously helped, and I forgot about this small little nugget.

So from now on I am going to do this, see how much it changes my game and how much more I win.