Friday, June 27, 2008

Another rough start

Well, I basically lost the small BR that I had since the last post mainly because of the limits I was playing at, or at least that's what I could come up with as an excuse. I must say I don't see how some people do it by only depositing 20$, the only way I have ever made a good amount of money and kept a BR is if I deposited about 4-5 times more than that.
Anyways a friend sent me 4.40$ since he owed me that and I almost forgot about. So I entered a 3.40$ 18 person and ended up winning it, making my BR about 23$. That was just yesterday and since then I played last night and bubbled a 180 man tournament getting 23rd which was sickening since the top 18 got paid, and also bubbled exactly in 6th in a 5$ 18 man with QQ when JJ hit a J on the turn. So I had a pretty bad night last night luck wise and basically got upset and went to a 25 nl ring game with 9$ and turned it into 18$ then lost another 5$ SNG......whew!
So to sum this all up I am still alive with 13$ and am currently playing in a 18 person 3.40$ SNG, so I'm excited to play smart and turn this BR into something more of my standards!

Another thing I wanted to talk about before I go is that a lot of friends online that I have are playing or switching to playing cash games. This has caught my attention and I really might start playing these and learning. I also might mention that watching one of ChuckTs FR ring game analysis on CC was very inspirational and is also a big motivator in this new idea and decision........but we'll see, I wanna stick to what I'm good at for now and learn slowly!

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Good luck on the rebuild of your bankroll. I have no idea why you would put yourself through that. I think you have the makings of a GREAT cash game player, just give yourself a huge cushion and dont be dumb and start at like $5nl (which is just dumbass poker).

Anyways I was able to build up a $100 BR just by playing SNGs over the course of a year to about $400 so you can do it too. Go get em.

Huski said...

Great post Curtis. I am in sort of a similar situation with a small bankroll and I have dedicated my whole blog to climbing up the "poker ladder" from the very very bottom to the top. Good luck with your run and Good Luck at the tables!