Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Poker??

Yea Yea, this is a poker blog right? Why no poker posts, why no updates, or screen shots of big mtt wins? I know it's depressing but I think in the long run it is going to pay off. You may be thinking this post is pointless since I've already announced that I'm taking a break until school's over, but it isn't! This is mainly for me, to remind myself not to deposit, because I can, but to keep focusing on school and finish it out strong. Once it's over I have the summer and no other worries but poker, which with my results isn't really anything to worry about :P.

I think the whole being refreshed and ready to play thing will make me feel better once I get to that point. Poker, after a while, can pull you down, not in life or anything but just in your play. Every time I take a break from poker and then comeback, I kill it, I own and make a good amount of money(at least to me it's a good amount). For example, about 1 year ago I had a stable BR on FT, I played mainly SNGs and MTTs as I do now. I had about 1K and started playing bad BRM. So I cashed out around $600.
So I basically didn't play online after that, until about 2-3 months ago my dad lent me 10$ on FT which I basically played 1, 10$ HU(which I won) and then built it to about a 300$ BR and a 750K ticket in about 10 days. Awesome right, well almost. I actually ended up playing horrible poker in the 750K busting out a little after the first break. One word, Intimidation. I basicaly thought to much about how I was going to play before the game. When all along I should have just played my game, making good reads, and playing solid poker. Anyways I eneded up cashing out again, and not playing until my most recent run at poker(which I don't think I need to explain).

One last thing before I end this post. I haven't always won money online. Yeha I knnow right, lol, but when I first started in highs school, somehow the first site i deposited on was Hollywood Poker, and I was a fish if there ever was one. I maxed out my only credit card for the max credit line of 300$ and slowly paid that back. Which I preceded to do again. Although this $600 loss was a lesson more than anything, not only to get better and learn more to make money, but to know when to stop playing, when to withdraw, and when to not bluff(one of my biggest problems in the past).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that poker can sometimes grind you down, especially if you take the game seriously, it can literally consume you.

Hope you enjoy the break and come back refreshed and ready to own the tables!

un-diluted said...

think how much fun you'll have when you finally sit down and play after classes are finished!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Love the new look.