Monday, June 29, 2009

As for the post below, I was talking about the Poker issues and the government, not the Air Force :). At the time I couldn't deposit and was upset. Anyways on to what's going on lately in the life of me....

Currently playing 25nl and killing it. 9/100BB not bad but I am running really well and am prepared for the almighty downswing IF it comes soon. I have changed since reading a recent book that I have about having certain goals. Firstly, I would usually say something like " I want to be at 50nl by the end of July, which technically I am about 1 BI away from being able to play 50nl with 20BIs, BUT I am not making any goals like that. I understand now thta goals like that make you play more or reach out more/chase winnings if you are down so from now on I am going to be having goals like this:

1. Read more poker books- I have both of the Harrington on Cash Books which will take some time.

2. Post more in the HA section of Cards Chat- At least post a hand for every 2-3 sessions I have.

3. Look over HHs, and database stats- look at my actual raw stats and try to find anything that can be improved or taken away.

4. Sweat sessions- self explanatory

I think that by not having set goals I can make correct decisions and not always be results orientated. Wish me Luck!